Here are some must see hockey movies
|Slap Shot||Miracle||The Mighty Ducks 1, 2 & 3|
|Mystery, Alaska||Young Blood||Sudden Death|
|Happy Gilmore – Not really a hockey movie, more of a golf one but it is one of my favorite movies of all time so I had to include it!
An Adam Sandler comedy about a failed hockey player who decides to join the PGA Tour as a pro golfer.
|Les Boys / The Boys – A French Quebec / Quebecor Comedy about hockey|
What’s your favorite hockey movie of all time? Comment below
Being a Leafs Fan in Vancouver makes it hard to catch every leaf game on TV. I often find myself streaming NHL games online. There are a few places you can easily watch hockey games online both free and paid.
Where to Watch NHL games online – Paid
- NHL GameCentre LIVE
Where to Watch NHL games online – Free
Type these places into google as I’ve noticed their URL’s change often.
- FirstRow Sports
Do you know of any other websites that let you watch NHL games for free? Put them in the comments below for everyone to watch.
I love going to watch hockey games. I enjoy everything about it, well except the amount of money that I spend there. Here are a few things you will want to know before attending an NHL hockey game.
- Dress for the team you are cheering for. Wear their jersey, paint your face. Do whatever. They even have pink jerseys if you want to stay girlie. It’s warm in the arenas so don’t layer yourself with clothing.
- Gather some cash because everything is jacked up in price. Especially the alcohol. Be prepared to spend over $7.00 a drink.
- You better like beer, because that’s what they serve. I don’t like beer so I get stuck drinking those really sugary coolers.
- Be ready to eat greasy food. They serve hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, there’s nothing healthy.
- If you want to look like you are actually enjoying the game then you better be prepared to cheer like a crazy person! Just try to resist cheering when the games in play or you might get kicked out. haha.
- Watch out for the opposite team’s fans, they will boo you and curse at you every chance they get.
- Brace yourself for blood and violence! There is bound to be a fight during the game! Maybe some flying teeth!
- You will run into a lot of weird looking people and/or groups all dressed up. Don’t worry they are just totally crazed out hockey fans. They always make me laugh!
- Be ready to hear a lot of Classic Rock, like AC/DC and Queen. The music one of my favorite things about the game.
- If you are attending a playoff game you will see all these beards. It is the playoff beard, which is a superstitious thing where the players and even the fans will not shave their beard during the playoffs until their team is eliminated or they win the Stanley Cup. Eww I know its disgusting.
- Make sure you figure out how you are going to get home, it is always a difficult task trying to get home after the game because it is so crowded. Don’t drink and drive!
- DON’T forget your ticket!
There is a lot of music to be heard at an NHL hockey game. They play music every time the whistle is blow and the game stops. You better enjoy Classic Rock if your going to watch a hockey game live or on TV because they play a lot of it. I love the music they play, it gets me all pumped up during the game!
Here is a list of music you can expect to hear during an NHL hockey game.
- 2 Unlimited – Get Ready For This
- AC/DC – Anything AC/DC
- Black Sabbath – Paranoid
- Darude – Sandstorm
- Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me
- Chumbawamba – I Get Knocked Down
- Crystal Method – Name of The Game
- Guns ‘N Roses – Welcome to the Jungle
- Europe – The Final Countdown
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believing
- Kiss – Rock & Roll All Night
- Marilyn Manson – Beautiful People
- Metallica – Enter Sandman
- Nickelback – Saturday
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
- Paul Leka – Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Quiet Riot – Come On Feel The Noise
- Queen – We Will Rock You!
- Rage Against the Machine – Renegades of Funk
- Stompin’ Tom Connors – The Hockey Song
- Tragically Hip – Fifty Mission Cap
- Trooper – Raise a Little Hell
- Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
- Van Halen – Panama
- Zombie Nation – Kernkraft 400
The song that gives me chills every time its played when the Stanley Cup Champion team wins is:
- Queen – We Are The Champions
I will forever miss the old Hockey Night in Canada Song ( The Hockey Theme, composed by Dolores Claman and orchestrated by Jerry Toth ) which is now replaced by Canadian Gold by Colin Oberst.
If you know any other good hockey songs that I missed comment below.
Also, check out Don Cherry’s Hockey Hits
I was sent this video from Rebecca from BunchFamily.ca. She asked me to help spread the world that hockey never stops!
Since the NHL hasn’t been on I find myself watching other league’s games. I’ve noticed that I don’t even pay attention to what is going on in the NHL since the lockout. I’ve enjoyed watching my brother’s games (junior player) which I often forgot about before because I was so caught up in the NHL.
If the NHL lockout continues, Edmonton MP Brent Rathgeber wants the Stanley Cup awarded to amateurs. The Spirit Challenge Cup is hoping to award the Stanley Cup in a 2013 tournament if the NHL does not end the lockout. You can read more about that here.
“As long as there are kids across the country playing the game they love, hockey never stops!”
The 4 month NHL lockout is now over as of Janaury 6th, 2013. The NHL and the player’s union finally came to an agreement that is suppose to be finalized sometime this week.
The league did not announce a start date for the season or how many games they will play. I’ve heard rumors that the teams will play either 50 game or 48 game schedules. Hopefully they will announce the dates soon.
Last time there was a lockout (2004-2005) the fans flocked back to the rinks and jumped right back into the game. Will that be the same this year? According to my Twitter feed it seems that everyone is excited for the games to begin.
I’m still on the fence. I am happy that hockey is back but I am still ticked off about the whole lockout. Many people were out of jobs, businesses lost a ton of money and I didn’t get to watch the Leafs play. What do you think? Are you excited for hockey to be back?
The Abbotsford Heat are hosting the Toronto Marlies on November 1st and November 2nd. Both games start at 7:00 PM at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Blue Line-$34.00
- Centre Ice-$40.00
If you are a group of ten or more people, with a coordinated group leader, then prices drop to the following prices:
- Blue Line-$29
- Centre Ice-$35
As well, Friday November 2nd they are having “Big Ticket Night” which involves $1 hot dogs and $2 beer.
If you are interested in coordinating a group or just wants to come to the game you can call 1-877-452-HEAT(4328)or (604)743-4328.
Visit the Abbotsford Heat’s website here
Time to get all the Toronto Maple Leafs Fans in Vancouver together to watch a game downtown.
Once we get a few people we can choose a date and bar! RSVP Below!